We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the analytical skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Involved in all Aspects of the Product Lifecycle. You will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from gathering the requirements, through to the development stage, as well as the launch of the product. You will be delivering production requirements to a high standard and will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements. You will have a deep understanding of business problems and opportunities in the context of the customer’s requirements, and work with all parties to deliver solutions that enable swift delivery.
- Define Iterations, Stories, and Drive Team Goals through Prioritization. You will be leading the gathering, writing & management of functional, non-functional, technical requirements and acceptance criteria in Epics, User Stories & Tasks. You will be responsible for the collection & analysis and testing of statistical information and data for further presentation to technical and business stakeholders using diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, documents and reports.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will be working in a fast paced, innovative, collaborative, and agile environment where you’ll be responsible for building, pruning, and maintaining the team backlog. You’ll be clearly communicating the business goals and objectives internally and externally, building shared understanding across all teams and stakeholders. You will also assist the product manager and development teams with backlog grooming & product definition.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands on business analyst (analytical thinking, problem solving skills, decision making skills)
- Extensive experience of working with Lean / Agile methodologies
- Skilled in pragmatic & flexible application of agile methodology & techniques in a challenging, solution-driven business environment
- Ideally has exposure to working within a greenfield environment
- Experience with B2B and B2C service models & expectations
- Demonstrated success working with engineering teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful software products
Critical (80) Experience:
- Must be capable of assisting and help drive the development and delivery of end to end solution designs and business requirements within an agile development framework, reinforcing focus on delivery of business value
- Must be able to work closely with users, UX/design, development and commercial teams to oversee and participate in user experience testing and product feedback sessions to capture key feedback that feeds product development
- Ability to take condense and formulate complex business and technical problems and communicate to technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to drive product innovation through customer feedback, deployment success, competitive positioning, and market thought leadership
- Skilled in conceptual modelling
- Ability to locate data sources from internal/external partners to support our initiative.
- Skilled in writing integration specifications for adoption by engineering teams
- Engage with stakeholders to drive agility and innovation
- Ability to travel internationally when required
Desired (20) Qualifications:
- Agile product management and/or agile coaching
- Software development background
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial environment; potentially with a startup or consultancy agency with agile practice
- Experience in service monitoring & metrics preferred
- User experience design
- Process design skills
- Familiarity with Confluence & JIRA
- Ability to extrapolate data by using advanced modelling techniques
- Experience collaborating with international teams
- Knowledge/experience in the automotive domain would be advantageous
- Logical approach and reasoning to problem solving, with self-starter aptitude
- Excellent eye for detail, able to identify trends and patterns of information. Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude
- Ability to research and explore product and feature opportunities and user experience improvement
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to work with, and influence, people from different businesses disciplines locally & remotely
- Passion for superior service delivery
- Able to quickly adapt to change and navigate ambiguous problem spaces
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Self-starter and ability to work with little instructions and collaborate with diverse teams
- Pro-active: you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues. Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical, dental & vision plan
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.