We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Native Android Development. You will develop and implement mobile applications, middleware, and frameworks. You’ll utilize your expertise in Native Android & Java development to create robust and scalable high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly. You will be building modern user interfaces as well as engineer complex solutions that run directly on the mobile device.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will implement and operate the infrastructure for Solera’s next generation platform in a fully tested agile model. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. This involves collaborating with BA’s, Product Owners, Designers, and third party development teams in person and remotely to deliver a resilient, scalable mobile platform.
- Passion for Technology. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives keeping up to date with technical trends and present for architectural review.
- Strong experience building native Android applications
- Strong Background in Java
- Solid understanding of Android application life cycle
- Proficient in fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience integrating with third party SDK’s and server-side API’s
- Strong experience using RxJava, Dagger2, Retrofit
- Strong understanding of Android SDK, Design, & Development paradigms
- Strong understanding of web services, HTTP protocol, and service-oriented architecture
- Develop, implement, and unit test systems and components of mobile applications
- Strong comprehension of MVP and/or VIPER design patterns
- Maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor, and optimize existing and future mobile applications
- Experience working with Atlassian Stack: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Knowledge of GIT
- Experience with REST web service framework
- Experience with push notifications
- Integration with mobile analytic SDK
- Strong Mobile Experience design
- Knowledge about Material Design Guidelines
- Experience in agile development (Scrum)
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with Native iOS application development is a plus
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical, dental & vision plans to choose from
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- We operate in our own digital headquarters in an undisclosed location in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex called the R3PI Innovation lab - developed to be an innovation playground and incubation center for the connected and digital lifestyle of the future
- Cognitive software interface to monitor and control all technology on the property, allowing full digital access no matter where you are
- The property also has a connect 4-tiered pool and cabana, shooting range, private digital gym, guest house, main house, and the TAC-1, our digital connected space for uncommon meetings and showcasing the Innovation Team’s output
- Catered lunch every day, unlimited free drinks & snacks, an ice cream truck that’s always loaded
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.