At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, mobile apps, 3D, AR, image analytics, data science and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- You’re a Data & Machine Learning Expert. You have extensive experience working with Big Data ecosystems and have strong experience in big data analytics using technologies like Scala, Hadoop, & Spark. When you’re not at work, you’re attending local meet-ups to learn about the latest Big Data and Machine Learning developments and acquiring as much knowledge as possible from other early adopters and like-minded domain experts.
- Help Define the Tools and Frameworks for our Research. You will conceptualize new research ideas while building prototypes and proof-of-concepts both individually and in collaboration with other data scientists. You will identify external sources of data (open data, social media data) to combine with existing data sources for new insights. You will provide technical expertise on data platform design and implementations while framing our data/analytic capabilities to describe our future strategic vision.
- Initiate Data-Driven Innovation & Build Capabilities of a Highly Talented and Dedicated Team. You will work along-side a group of data experts to create disruptive technical solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world. You’ll also contribute to growing a culture built on passion and dedication, while holding the team accountable to achieving the highest code standards and operational excellence.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling or Graph Analysis
- Experience with scalable data processing platforms and tools (Spark, Hadoop 2.0)
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams
- Work with large unstructured and structured data sets
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms
- Strong experience with Scala
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Python, familiarity with web frameworks
- Experience in big data analytics
- Experience with AWS
- Experience producing and rapidly iterating minimum viable product demonstration/prototype
- Experience with data analysis & visualization using tools like SAS, R, Matlab
- Experience implementing supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, classification, clustering and collaborative filtering
- Ability to conceive of new data driven products, features, and technologies
- Ability to track down complex data integration issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and motivated by complex technical and business challenges
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques
- Results driven with the ability to prioritize and focus on ideas and features that will have significant, measurable impact as defined by your interaction with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Ability to set and meet project objectives & milestones
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff -daily
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Cool office located next to Bellevue at Lake Zurich: a former garage including gym, shower, foosball, free drinks and snacks…
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.