As a member of Solera's elite rapid innovation team (R3Pi), the Director of Business Development-Partnerships will work closely with R3Pi's executive and product management teams to forge strategic relationships and partnerships that help to proliferate Solera's advanced, with an initial emphasis on North America and Europe.
How You'd Make an Impact:
- Identify and cultivate relationships that are accretive to R3Pi's products and solutions which digitally connect motorists to vertical businesses throughout the automotive ownership lifecycle (e.g., insurance companies, car dealerships, and car manufacturers)
- Develop horizontal partnerships with consumer-focused, digital-first companies, outside of the automotive lifecycle verticals, that:
- Make R3PI's mobile application user experiences more meaningful and engaging for users
- Provide significant growth opportunities for cross-channel user acquisition.
- Lead the growth of the strategic partnership pipeline, while managing the partnership development process from business plan to execution.
- Translate partnership strategies into actionable, revenue-generating programs with new and existing partners.
- Set evaluation criteria for each partnership program with defined success criteria and measurable performance metrics.
- Design new partner concepts and business models by considering factors such as market segmentation, value proposition, product positioning, and pricing strategy.
- Develop, refine and own the execution of win-win partner programs, sales processes, go-to-market strategies, and business development initiatives that drive revenue growth and market expansion as well as to grow existing partnerships.
- Identify, prioritize, and develop specific partner opportunities and strategic alliances which are optimized for exceptional user and revenue growth.
- Coordinate cross-functional partner and alliance execution with internal and partner stakeholders across product management, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, and legal.
- 5 to 10+ years of experience in developing partnerships and strategic alliances that have generated significant revenue through win-win business models within one or more of the following industries:
- Mobility, navigation and transportation
- Music and media
- Vehicle service, maintenance and repair
- Banking, finance / insurance
- Communications (e.g., messaging, chat, telephony)
- Significant experience and demonstrated success (a) driving user acquisition through partnerships, (b) collaborating with product management and software development teams; (c) shaping innovative user journeys/experiences in consumer centric software and mobile applications, and (d) developing revenue generating GTM plans.
- Understanding of relationship building process including strategy, approach, execution, delivery and GTM
- Significant interest in and commercial success with emerging, innovative technologies
- Knowledge of current/future technology trends
- Software product management background a strong plus
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills to effectively supervise projects to completion
- Experience in consumer-focused software, mobile or digital service industries
- Experience working with data partners and technology vendors
- Excellent presentation skills, especially with customers
- Exceptional analytical, communication, with the ability to operate with energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment
- Moderate travel required (approximately 50% of time)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Technology
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.