We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
The Global Data Team works closely with R3PI, and partners with other internal teams, customers and third parties (such as start-ups and academics) on cutting-edge data-driven innovations. Our team is growing at a rapid rate, which is why we’re looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Hadoop Architect to help lead the growth of the Solera Global Data Sciences and Services organization.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Make an Impact:
- Big Data Expert & Talented Software Engineer. Extensive experience working with Hadoop ecosystems and related big data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Solr, Spark SQL, Sqoop, Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.) You will work with the latest and greatest technologies, and must be able to quickly adapt to new environments. You must be an expert in both dynamically and statically typed languages. We use Scala, Java 8, and Node.js.
- Cross-Functional and Able to Tackle Any Environment. You are an expert when it comes to data structure design and optimization, as well as data sourcing, cleansing, and normalization. You are able to jump into other architectural roles where needed. You don't fit a cookie-cutter, job description – your diverse background and deep understanding of engineering fundamentals & best practices allow you to contribute to the team by any means necessary.
- Hands-On Leader. You understand that architecture is a hands-on craft; you want to write solid code and build IT. You have a knack for finding solutions that reduce efforts for the rest of the team and are obsessed with streamlining development and operations.
- 6+ years of recent experience being a hands-on developer & architect
- Experience with Hadoop 2.0
- Experience with Microservice architecture
- Ideally has exposure to working within a greenfield environment/startup
- Experience working in an agile environment
- You understand architecture is a hands-on craft; you want to write code and build IT
Core (80) Experience:
- Expert in relational, document, and graph databases, as well as modern persistency mechanisms (e.g. Hadoop)
- Hands-on Experience with our tech stack (Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Kafka, Solr, Spark SQL, Sqoop, Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Expert level software developer (Java, Scala, JVM)
- Previous experience with transforming and merging large data feeds
- Exceptional ability to design and document data structures and relationships
- Comfortable with interfacing with internal and external resources for data and discovery; existing contact network (within Solera) a plus
- Expert understanding of agile change management for databases and structures
- Startup developer mindset
- Has been in charge of technology for at least one product in the past
- Clear understanding of the differences in production and development needs; ability of compromising between the two.
- Documentation, transparency, knowledge transfer focus
- Experience with one or more Solera customer verticals preferred
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical, dental & vision plan
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.