At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, mobile apps, 3D, AR, image analytics, data science and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Drive the QA Effort.You will work with product management to fully understand product requirements and functionality, then translate these requirements into a comprehensive QA test plan. You will lead the effort to execute test plans and work closely with the Hardware & Software engineering teams to ensure any deviations are prioritized and resolved. You should have extensive experience creating and executing both automated and manual tests, with acceptance criteria and associated defect management actions aligned with overall work-stream plans.
- Test-Driven Development. You will identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan. Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts.
- Quality Assurance. You will identify any potential quality issues and ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications/requirements, and isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- 4+ years of experience in hardware-related QA testing
- Must have outstanding attention for details and organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with the use of automation tools and scripts for hardware testing
- Experienced in black box and gray box functional testing, and integration testing
- Experience testing and confirming proper functionality of all supported telematics features and backend systems to confirm robust and defect-free system.
- Experience creating new test procedures to ensure Telematics services work according to specification and design
- Experience providing end-to-end testing and validation of hardware quality
- Knowledge with testing GPS Cellular, and other wireless technologies
- Ability to effectively document and report issues discovered during test and validation activities
- High degree of cross functional cooperation & coordination
- Experience with software version control and software development processes such as SCRUM
- Experience in vehicle, OBD, and telematics is a big plus
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical, dental & vision plans to choose from
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- We operate in our own digital headquarters in an undisclosed location in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex called the R3PI Innovation lab - developed to be an innovation playground and incubation center for the connected and digital lifestyle of the future
- Cognitive software interface to monitor and control all technology on the property, allowing full digital access no matter where you are
- The property also has a connect 4-tiered pool and cabana, shooting range, private digital gym, guest house, main house, and the TAC-1, our digital connected space for uncommon meetings and showcasing the Innovation Team’s output
- Catered lunch every day, unlimited free drinks & snacks, an ice cream truck that’s always loaded
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.