Are you one of the world’s most elite automotive technicians? Is your interest in cars either extreme or insane? Do you have the discipline to practice hard and practice perfectly? Are you always looking for the newest and the best in software and technology?
Solera, one of the most innovative technology companies in the global automotive ecosystem, is hunting for the best master vehicle technicians to join its elite team of uncommon innovators and disruptive inventors to work onsite at our innovation center (TAC-1), where our R&D team sits in Roanoke, TX. We are searching for extremely qualified car experts who are in the top 2% of their trade, but are constantly raising the bar. Candidates that will impress us not only have the highest knowledge of and passion for their craft, but are also driven by relentless curiosity and desire to change the future. They are also naturally gifted communicators who excel at training their peers, other associates and customers.
TAC-1's elite team members know how to do it right, and do it better. But they also know how to do it differently, especially when it comes to leveraging the most unique technologies to transform the ways we manage and interact with life’s most important assets: the vehicle and the home.
As an elite Master Automotive Technician, there will rarely be a common day... but we’ve outlined below what a day at Solera might look like.
You’ll work alongside elite software developers and product managers on next generation systems and applications designed to digitally transform the automotive industry. You’ll research, identify, install, test and help to deploy innovative first-to-market technology solutions. And you’ll be doing this on an amazing fleet of vehicles that include Mercedes AMGs, Hennessey Corvettes, older vintage iron as well as Teslas (with Ludacris mode, of course), Range Rovers and even SMART cars. You’ll take vehicle customization and configuration to a whole new level, and make cars smarter and easier to manage, using the most innovative software and hardware that we’re inventing each day.
YOU BRING THE ELITE KNOWLEDGE, WE’LL PROVIDE YOU THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE
- Access to an uncommon collection of the most powerful and technologically advanced vehicles on the road today.
- The excitement and energy of an elite, highly innovative technology center with a fast-paced, digital startup culture – which includes a casual dress code, delivered meals, an infinity swimming pool, a high-tech live fire gun range, a high performance gym, a guest house and smart house onsite, secluded parking, and all of the automotive tools and technology gadgets you will ever need.
- Continuous collaboration with some of the most talented, inspiration and innovative leaders in the global automotive and B2All software industries.
- A wealth creation package with amazing benefits.
YOU DO IT RIGHT
- You’re friendly and personable—you enjoy engaging with people and "talking tech."
- You’re collaborative—you can discuss and explain vehicle tech and the shop environment with non-automotive teammates.
- You’re inquisitive and curious—you’re an early adopter of new ideas, concepts and technologies.
YOU DO IT BETTER
- Your friends describe you as a tech head.
- You love technology, gadgets, apps, smart phones, computers.
- You know what’s coming next.
- You can’t live without your iPhone or iPad.
- You’re always looking for new apps that can make every part of your life easier, faster, more efficient...
- You know how to use a Mac... and a PC. In fact, you are a power user.
- You know how to use software packages like Microsoft Office, and maybe even Adobe Photoshop.
- You have an eye for how to make things better and different.
YOU DO IT DIFFERENT
Your in-shop experience needs to include:
- At least 3 to 7 years in repair bays turning wrenches.
- A mix of Dealership and Independent Shop (preferred but not required).
- Back shop and front counter experience (again, preferred but not required).
- A proven track record of conquering whatever came in the door and continuously raising the bar.
Your MASTER ASE Certifications should include:
- L1 - Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
- L2 - Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis Specialist
- L3 - Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist (We’ll help with training on this one.
You must obtain these certs within 60 days of starting:
- P2 - Parts Specialist
- B5 – Mechanical & Electrical Components
- C1 - Automobile Service Consultant
- CVT - Complete a Certified Electric Vehicle Training Program (We’ll set this up for you)
And we challenge you to earn these within 120 Days (but we’re flexible):
- B2 – Painting & Refinishing
- B3 – Non-Structural Analysis & Damage Repair
- B4 – Structural Analysis & Damage Repair
Are you up for the mission? We want to hear from you. Submit your resume and any photos of your passions here, AND a video explaining who you are, what you do, and why you’re a perfect fit for the job. Make sure to upload it to YouTube or another video hosting site and include the video link in your submission. No studio production please—we want to see you in your natural environment. Bonus points If this includes grease, tattoos and Harleys!
- Full-Time pay and health & wellness benefit plans.
- No B.S. policy that promotes transparency and accountability.
- Beautiful and uncommon workspaces to collaborate and unwind.
- Free gym membership (to the awesome gym that’s right next to our office)
- Free meals, healthy snacks (like nuts and yogurt parfaits), some indulgent snacks (like baked chips and dark chocolates), and refrigerators full of juices, teas and other life-essential beverages (including Red Bull)
- The latest and greatest in all things technology.
- Lots and lots of awesome cars.
- An ice cream truck that’s always loaded.