We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
Your assignments will be varied and fast-paced – anything from hands-on development tasks to planning technical strategy and mentoring other team members. You will utilize your deep technical knowledge to tackle the challenges of rapidly evolving technical environments and enterprise systems.
How You'd Make an Impact:
Cross-Functional and Able to Tackle Any Environment. You are an expert when it comes to software design, development standardization, and componentization/modularization. You are able to jump into other architectural roles where needed. You don't fit a cookie-cutter, job description – your diverse background and deep understanding of engineering fundamentals & best practices allow you to contribute to the team by any means necessary.
Hands-On Leader. You understand that architecture is a hands-on craft; you want to write solid code and build IT. You have a knack for finding solutions that reduce efforts for the rest of the team and are obsessed with streamlining development and operations.
- 6+ years of recent experience being a hands-on developer & architect using both statically and dynamically typed languages
- Expert understanding of modern software development paradigms and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of server and web application programming
- Experience working on B2B and B2C Solutions
- Experience working with Microservices architecture
Critical (80) Experience:
- Experience with Server-Side Node.js
- Experience with Java/Scala and/or C++
- Experience with React.js and/or React Native
- API Development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with document databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.)
- Previous experience defining quality standards for developers
- Have been in charge of technology for at least one product in the past
- Experience building software using agile methodology in combination with TDD, BDD, and XP practices
Desired (20) Qualifications:
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience working with Unity3D
- Apple tvOS
- Hates mediocre software/technology.
- Largely cross-functional; able to jump into other architectural roles where needed.
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Pro-active – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Understand the importance of creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- 5% non-contributory pension
- 25 days paid holidayPrivate medical coverage
- PHI and Life Assurance, plus other bits (childcare vouchers…)
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.