We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We are seeking uncommon and elite innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
- Expert in either
- native iOS development: Swift or Objective-C
- native Android development: Java
- JS development: React, Node.js
- Java development incl web services
- 3D development with Unity
- or all of the above...
- Get it done mentality: you can find solutions with limited requirements and designs
- Experience working with Atlassian stack: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Team player used to pair programming and code reviews
- Experience in agile development (Scrum)
The brand new office for our newest team is being finished right now. An entire floor above an active car maintenance shop. By elevator we bring cars and motorcycles into the office; e.g. to test and demonstrate mobile connectivity and electronics hacking. As brain and body should be exercised, we have our own gym with cardio and fitness equipment. For the necessary protein consumption, there’s an open space BBQ area. If that is not enough, Lake Zürich with its public bath is 50m away - swimming in the summer afternoon is great. Being close to the “Bellevue", we are in one of the most bar-heavy areas of town and we are working hard to boost that economy, too.
On top of the unique work environment, we also consider these as our strong points:
- Minimum bureaucracy – focus on code, not meetings and paperwork
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team; still with backing by a successful enterprise
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy, where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff - daily
- Work directly with the office of the Solera CEO
- We love your ideas for new technologies and tools; if something new can advance our output - let’s do it
- Work with leading technologists of their fields; in particular with our established relation to the ETH for cutting edge research
- What are “cubicles"? We love open space and ad-hoc collaboration
- Truly international team (work language: English) with members of many nationalities; distributed across Dallas, London, and Zürich