We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Drive the Automation Effort. Extensive experience creating and executing both automated and manual tests, with acceptance criteria and associated defect management actions aligned with overall work-stream plans. You will drive the automation effort throughout the stack and contribute to the build and release process. You'll also review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Test-Driven Development & Quality Assurance. You will identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan. Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts. You will also identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management. You will ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications/requirements, and isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will create and collaborate on automated test frameworks/suites for both the front-end and backend. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. You will be an integral part of a flat organization with the ability to influence the SDLC to establish global standards and practices around quality and reliability.
- 3+ years of experience in similar technology development environments to ours
- 3+ years of experience within QA
- Expertise and background working with high end mobile applications development (mandatory) for a variety of clients and to be across the latest developments in the space
- Ideally has exposure to working within a greenfield environment/startup style
- Strong experience in agile development and testing
- Experience working with B2B and B2C solutions
Critical (80) Experience:
- Native Mobile Application Testing experience using mobile or web automation tools. (Appium, Selenium Webdriver, etc.)
- Experience working with native mobile technologies (Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, Java, etc.)
- Experience with SQL query language
- Versed in unit, functional, integration, user-acceptance, ad-hoc, and other test methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing with continuous integration.
- Expertise in release management tools
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and API services.
- RESTful interface Testing
- Version control (GIT/CVS)
Desired (20) Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile or web analytics tools
- Performance testing experience
- Action-oriented – this is self-contained collaborative team driven by some challenging targets but presented with exciting problems to solve.
- Make quality a core value for the team - be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands, relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Pro-active –take responsibility and own the solution.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- 5% non-contributory pension
- 25 days paid holiday
- Private medical coverage
- PHI and Life Assurance, plus other bits (childcare vouchers…)
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.