We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it differently today and change the world around us. Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We are seeking uncommon and elite innovators who possess the ultimate blend of creative, business, and operational skills to drive product development forward. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
As we continue to grow and evolve, we are seeking an innovative product owner who can solve wicked problems through rigorous prioritization, partnering with talented designers and developers, and an operational focus and drive to constantly move the ball forward. The successful R3PI product owner will possess project management, product marketing, design, and product strategy skills (and then some) to champion the needs of our customers and users, guiding the product strategy and roadmap through collaboration with designers and developers in a fast-paced team.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager in an Agile/startup type environment
- Passionate about user experience, able to inspire and educate designers and engineers with customer centric use cases
- Have brought one or more mobile products to market
- Experience with competitor and/or market analysis
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Well-articulated, intelligent, and has the ability to produce elegant presentations
- Ability to speak about and understand technology concepts
- Confident and possess strong executive presence
- Intellectual curiosity and hunger to learn
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage
- Technical background preferred
- Knowledge in the automotive and/or insurance space
- Ability to generate ideas and produce innovative solutions
- Self-starter with the initiative to continuously build and cultivate product roadmap
- Understanding of customer empathy and design thinking
- Flexibility and willingness to jump in and contribute where needed
- Experience in an adjacent role (QA, development, design, project management, marketing, etc.)
The brand new office for our newest team is being finished right now. An entire floor above an active car maintenance shop. By elevator we bring cars and motorcycles into the office; e.g. to test and demonstrate mobile connectivity and electronics hacking. As brain and body should be exercised, we have our own gym with cardio and fitness equipment. For the necessary protein consumption, there’s an open space BBQ area. If that is not enough, Lake Zürich with its public bath is 50m away - swimming in the summer afternoon is great. Being close to the “Bellevue", we are in one of the most bar-heavy areas of town and we are working hard to boost that economy, too.
On top of the unique work environment, we also consider these as our strong points:
- Minimum bureaucracy – focus on code, not meetings and paperwork
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team; still with backing by a successful enterprise
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy, where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff - daily
- Work directly with the office of the Solera CEO
- We love your ideas for new technologies and tools; if something new can advance our output - let’s do it
- Work with leading technologists of their fields; in particular with our established relation to the ETH for cutting edge research
- What are “cubicles"? We love open space and ad-hoc collaboration
- Truly international team with members of many nationalities; distributed across Dallas, London, and Zürich