R3PI (Senior) QA Engineer
At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, mobile apps, 3D, AR, image analytics, data science and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Contribute to automation effort. Help to define tools, guidelines, standards and approaches to test automation in order to improve the software testing process;
- Test-Driven Development & Quality Assurance. Design test plans, scenarios, and test cases in accordance with the specifications defined in the User Stories;
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. Work with all members of the company to ensure that all deadlines are achieved with the best quality code.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar technology development environment
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
- Mobile testing experience
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- In depth knowledge of testing life cycle
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing with continuous integration
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- SQL query language
- Ability to create and collaborate on automated test frameworks/suites both front end and backend
- Strong experience in Agile development and testing
- Experience in testing Restful APIs
- Ability to product detailed documentation of processes, issues, resolutions, etc.
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but presented with exciting problems to solve
- Make quality a core value for the team
- Excellent collaborative team player with good communication skills
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Love to stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff -daily
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Cool office located next to Bellevue at Lake Zurich: a former garage including gym, shower, foosball, free drinks and snacks…
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.