At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, mobile apps, 3D, AR, image analytics, data science and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
• Big Data Expert and Software Engineer. Extensive experience working with Hadoop ecosystems and related big data technologies (Scala, Spark, Kafka, Solr, Spark SQL, Sqoop, Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.) You will work with the latest and greatest technologies, and must be able to quickly adapt to new environments. You must be an expert in both dynamically and statically typed languages.
• Cross-Functional and Able to Tackle Any Environment. You are an expert when it comes to data structure design and optimization, as well as data sourcing, cleansing, and normalization. You are able to jump into other development roles where needed.
• Passionate about Technology and Solving Challenging Problems. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives keeping up to date with technical trends and present for architectural review.
- 4+ years of recent experience as a hands-on developer in a big data environment
- Strong experience with Scala
- Strong experience with Apache Spark
- Strong experience with Hadoop 2.0
- Experience with Microservice Architecture
- Experience with AWS and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Expert in relational, document, and graph databases, as well as modern persistency mechanisms (e.g. Hadoop)
- Previous experience with transforming and merging large data feeds
- Exceptional ability to design and document data structures and relationships
- Expert understanding of agile change management for databases and structures
- Clear understanding of the differences in production and development needs; ability of compromising between the two\
- Documentation, transparency, knowledge transfer focus
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff -daily
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Cool office located next to Bellevue at Lake Zurich: a former garage including gym, shower, foosball, free drinks and snacks…
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.