R3PI is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for a 3-4-month contract role with our R&D and Innovation team. Location isn’t super important, but we'd prefer to find someone who can work a week or two from our office in Central London at the start of the project.
Our mission is to set up production level pipelines for deploying Node.js microservices on AWS and then ensure the operation is fully redundant, monitored, and maximally automated. Similarly, we are working on automating the set-up of typical services that microservices consume, such as database servers, message queues, et cetera.
Your role would be hands-on helping the DevOps team to deliver this pipeline and related systems in a pragmatic way that focuses on keeping the DevOps team from becoming a bottleneck to the development and QA teams.
- Node JS
Other Involved Technologies:
- AWS Kinesis
- AWS EMR / Hadoop
- AWS RDS / MariaDB
- AWS SES, SNS
- AWS Elastic Search
- ELK Stack
- MongoDB Atlas
- Kong API Gateway
- Bitbucket / Atlassian Suite
- NPM Enterprise
- Competitive hourly rate
- Minimum bureaucracy – focus on code, not meetings and paperwork
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team; still with backing by a successful enterprise
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy, where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff - daily
- Work directly with the office of the Solera CEO
- We love your ideas for new technologies and tools; if something new can advance our output - let’s do it
- Work with leading technologists of their fields; in particular with our established relation to the ETH for cutting edge research
- What are “cubicles"? We love open space and ad-hoc collaboration
- Truly international team with members of many nationalities; distributed across Dallas, London, and Zürich