We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Automate Everything. In order to build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient platform, you will automate anything and everything - including deployment, monitoring, management and incident response. You will build and manage our production systems and tackle challenges associated with building things for the R&D team.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will implement and operate the infrastructure for Solera’s next generation platform in a fully tested agile model. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. This involves collaborating with BA’s, Product Owners, Designers, and third party development teams in person and remotely to deliver a resilient, scalable infrastructure.
- Passion for Technology. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- 5+ years of experience in similar technology development environments to ours
- Ideally had exposure to working within a greenfield environment/startup style
- Experience of B2B and B2C solutions
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience using scripting languages, configuration management tools, and command execution frameworks
- Programming experience
- Working with microservices architecture
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments
Critical (80) Experience:
- Experience working with production PAAS platforms such as Cloudfoundry, Heroku, Openshift, Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience using containerization technologies such as Docker, rkt, Garden
- Production & Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines using tools such as Concourse, Drone, Jenkins 2.0, Bamboo
- Programming experience in the likes of NodeJS, Python, Go, Ruby, Java, C++
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Application Performance Monitoring and Log aggregation at scale
- Microservices infrastructure applications such as Service Discovery, Configuration Service, API Gateway
- RDBMS experience such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- NoSQL experience such as MongoDB
Desired (20) Qualifications:
- IAAS automated provisioning and maintenance
- CAAS platforms such as AWS, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Cloud native design patterns such as circuit breakers, self-healing
- 12 factor app methodology
- Message-oriented middleware such as RabbitMQ
- iOS, Android mobile application build pipelines
- iOS, Android automated testing
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Pro-active – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical, dental & vision plan
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.