R3PI Senior DevOps Engineer
At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Automate Everything. In order to build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient platform, you will automate anything and everything - including deployment, monitoring, management and incident response. You will build and manage our production systems and tackle challenges associated with building things for the R&D team.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will implement and operate the infrastructure for Solera’s next generation platform in a fully tested agile model. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. This involves collaborating with BA’s, Product Owners, Designers, and third party development teams in person and remotely to deliver a resilient, scalable infrastructure.
- Passion for Technology. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- AWS expert
- Proficient in release automation, system administration, automated provisioning, and system debugging
- Mastering scripting languages and configuration management tools
- Experience with API gateways
- Agile/XP experience
- Experience running databases at scale
- Providing tooling for developers
- Experience working within micro-service delivery team
- Microservices infrastructure - service discovery, configuration service, API gateways Experience with CQRS architecture - Kafka/Kinesis
- Experience working with production PAAS platforms such as Cloudfoundry, Heroku, Openshift, Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience using containerization technologies such as Docker, rkt, Garden
- Production & Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines using tools such as Concourse, Drone, Jenkins 2.0, Bamboo
- Programming experience in the likes of NodeJS, Python, Go, Ruby, Java, C++
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Application Performance Monitoring and Log aggregation at scale
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but
presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Possibility to lead a team
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff -daily
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Cool office located next to Bellevue at Lake Zurich: a former garage including gym, shower, foosball, free drinks and snacks…
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.