At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, mobile apps, 3D, AR, image analytics, data science and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass: (3x80 of Job Responsibilities):
- Full Stack Development. You will be involved with server-side & client-side software development using the best tool for the job, whether it's Java, Swift, or even C++ to drive rapid innovation of Solera's products. You will write well designed, testable, efficient code to design and develop rapid prototypes and high-volume, low-latency applications, delivering high-availability and performance.•
- Cross-Functional and Able to Tackle Any Environment. You are an expert when it comes to software design, development standardization, and componentization/modularization. You are able to jump into other architectural roles where needed. You don't fit a cookie-cutter, job description – your diverse background and deep understanding of engineering fundamentals & best practices allow you to contribute to the team by any means necessary.
- Passion for IoT & Utilizing Cutting-Edge Technology. You have a passion for Connected Home and IoT with a talent for front-end and mobile development that serves as the glue for creating an exceptional experience for our targeted consumers. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar technology development environment
- Experience with Native Mobile Development (Swift, Android)
- Strong Experience with Java or C/C++
- Exposure to working in an agile environment
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience working with IoT applications
- Strong Experience with both statically & dynamically typed languages
- Proven track record of developing enterprise class REST web services
- Strong Experience with React.js and/or AngularJS
- Experience with MySQL, SQL, and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience building B2B and B2C solutions is a plus
- Experience with deep learning algorithms is a plus
- OpenHAB, Lutron, Control4, Just Add Power, SmartThings and other Connected Home technologies is a plus
- Experience with Lambda, and Alexa Skills Set is a plus
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but
presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Great medical, dental & vision plans to choose from
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- We operate in our own digital headquarters in an undisclosed location in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex called the R3PI Innovation lab - developed to be an innovation playground and incubation center for the connected and digital lifestyle of the future
- Cognitive software interface to monitor and control all technology on the property, allowing full digital access no matter where you are
- The property also has a connect 4-tiered pool and cabana, shooting range, private digital gym, guest house, main house, and the TAC-1, our digital connected space for uncommon meetings and showcasing the Innovation Team’s output
- Catered lunch every day, unlimited free drinks & snacks, an ice cream truck that’s always loaded
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.