R3PI is looking for a Java/Qt Developer for a 4+ month contract to work on our internal IoT applications & systems in the Dallas area. We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You will want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Java (middleware)
- Strong experience with Qt development for mobile applications
- Experience working with Web Services
- Experience building out APIs
- Experience with systems/device integration
- Experience integrating IoT systems & devices
We operate out of our own digital headquarters, an undisclosed location called the TAC-1 in the Dallas area. This facility has been developed to be an innovation playground and incubation center for our R3PI team building the connected and digital lifestyle of the future. On our property, you’ll find a 4-tiered pool & cabana, guest house, main house, and digital & connected space for uncommon meetings and showcasing the Innovation Team’s output.
On top of the unique work environment, we also consider these as our strong points:
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.