We are seeking uncommon and elite innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world. The team even creates its own cognitive software interface to monitor and control all technology on the property, allowing full digital access no matter where they are.
The job requires the creation and rigorous execution of quality processes and procedures for mobile software and infrastructure. The person we’re looking for has a relentless focus on quality and experience with test-driven development, unit testing methodology, test automation, formal and ad hoc QA, etc. This role will be an integral part of a flat organization with the ability to influence the SDLC to establish global standards and practices around quality and reliability.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Drive the Automation Effort. Extensive experience creating and executing both automated and manual tests, with acceptance criteria and associated defect management actions aligned with overall work-stream plans. You will drive the automation effort throughout the stack and contribute to the build and release process. You'll also review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Test-Driven Development. You will identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan. Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts.
- Quality Assurance. You will identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management. You will ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications/requirements, and isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- 5+ years of experience within QA. Expertise and background in high end mobile app development (mandatory) for a variety of clients and to be across the latest developments in the space.
- Experience in with both web & mobile testing
- Experience with testing Node.js middleware services
- Experience with testing hybrid mobile applications, namely React Native
- Experience working with native mobile technologies (Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, Java, Android, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with SQL query language.
- Versed in unit, functional, integration, user-acceptance, ad-hoc, and other test methodologies.
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing with continuous integration.
- Expertise in release management tools.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and API services.
- RESTful interface Testing.
- Version control (GIT/CVS).
- Native Mobile Application Testing experience using mobile or web automation tools. (Appium, Selenium Webdriver, etc.) is a plus
- Hates mediocre software/technology.
- Largely cross-functional; able to jump into other architectural roles where needed.
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Pro-active – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Understand the importance of creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.
- Competitive salary + Bonus opportunity
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team
- Work directly with the office of the CEO
- Evaluate newest technologies for R&D
- Work with leading technologists of their fields
- No cubicles
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Truly international team, divided across Dallas, London, and Zürich
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in over 80 countries with over 200k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 6,000 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.