We are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. Our playground consists of connected car, connected home, wearables, IoT, 3D, AR, and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We are seeking uncommon and elite innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
Your assignments will be varied and fast-paced – anything from hands-on development tasks to planning technical strategy and mentoring other team members. You will utilize your deep technical knowledge to tackle the challenges of rapidly evolving technical environments and enterprise systems.
- Software design
- Development standardization
- Componentization / modularization
Overall Architecture Team Goals
- We set the bar for technology in Solera.
- We build easily refactorable solutions.
- We focus on enabling agility for all other teams.
- We automate everything.
- ”No” is not part of our vocabulary.
- We prove our designs with hands-on development.
- We provide standards, frameworks, and components for re-use across Solera.
- We operate like a startup: Fast, hungry, and agile
- Expert programmer with experience in both statically and dynamically typed languages
- Previous experience with defining quality standards for developers
- Experience in building software using agile methodology in combination with TDD, BDD, and XP practices
- Expert understanding of modern software development paradigms and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of server, web, and mobile application programming.
- Understands that architecture is a hands-on craft; wants to write code and build IT
- Startup developer mindset
- Has been in charge of technology for at least one product in the past
- Clear understanding of the differences in production and development needs; ability of compromising between the two
- Obsessed about streamlining development and operations
- Knack for finding solutions that reduce effort for the rest of the team
- Startup mindset in problem solving; throwing money at it isn’t a solution
- Hates mediocre software / technology
- Standards adoption through leadership
- Documentation, transparency, knowledge transfer focus
- Largely cross-functional; able to jump in other architectural roles where needed
- Able to stay on mission some nights/weekends during team sprints
The brand new office for our newest team is being finished right now. An entire floor above an active car maintenance shop. By elevator we bring cars and motorcycles into the office; e.g. to test and demonstrate mobile connectivity and electronics hacking. As brain and body should be exercised, we have our own gym with cardio and fitness equipment. For the necessary protein consumption, there’s an open space BBQ area. If that is not enough, Lake Zürich with its public bath is 50m away - swimming in the summer afternoon is great. Being close to the “Bellevue", we are in one of the most bar-heavy areas of town and we are working hard to boost that economy, too.
On top of the unique work environment, we also consider these as our strong points:
- Minimum bureaucracy – focus on code, not meetings and paperwork
- Startup-like environment with a non-hierarchical team; still with backing by a successful enterprise
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy, where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff - daily
- Work directly with the office of the Solera CEO
- We love your ideas for new technologies and tools; if something new can advance our output - let’s do it
- Work with leading technologists of their fields; in particular with our established relation to the ETH for cutting edge research
- What are “cubicles"? We love open space and ad-hoc collaboration
- Truly international team with members of many nationalities; distributed across Dallas, London, and Zürich