R3PI Senior Software Architect
At R3PI, Solera’s R&D Team, we are a group of dedicated and disruptive innovators who are committed to building the future of Solera. We wake up every day hating what we did yesterday, so that we can do it different today and change the world around us. We operate like a greenfield startup environment and build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously (agile, kanban). Our playground consists of connected car, mobile apps, 3D, AR, image analytics, data science and things that don’t even exist... yet.
We pride ourselves on being uncommon. We seek individuals who are prepared to push and challenge themselves each day to do it right, better and different. You want to work in a collaborative team environment where accountability is demanding and rewarding.
We are seeking high-energy, versatile, and uncommon innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
How You'd Kick Ass:
- Expert Software Engineer & Architect. You’re an expert in both dynamically and statically typed languages. You are passionate about technology, and are a seasoned programmer in multiple domains. Our tech stack consists of Node.js, React Native, Scala, Microservices, Unity3D, Java, mobile development (Swift, Kotlin)… you use whichever tech gets the job done most efficiently.
- Cross-Functional and Able to Tackle Any Environment. You are an expert when it comes to software design, development standardization, and componentization/modularization. You are able to jump into other architectural roles where needed. You don't fit a cookie-cutter, job description – your diverse background and deep understanding of engineering fundamentals & best practices allow you to contribute to the team by any means necessary.
- Hands-On Leader. You understand that architecture is a hands-on craft; you want to write solid code and build IT. You have a knack for finding solutions that reduce efforts for the rest of the team and are obsessed with streamlining development and operations.
- 5+ years of recent experience being a hands-on developer & architect using both statically and dynamically typed languages
- Expert understanding of modern software development paradigms and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of server, web and mobile application programming
- Experience working on B2B and B2C solutions
- Experience working with Microservices architecture
- API development experience
- Hands on experience with at least two of the following:
- React.js and / or React Native
- Mobile development (iOS or Android)
- Java/Scala and/or C++
- Experience with AWS or PCF
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL…) and document databases (MongoDB, CouchDB…)
- Have been in charge of technology for at least one product in the past
- Experience building software using agile methodology in combination with TDD, BDD and XP practices
• Eligibility to work in Switzerland
- Passionate: you are proud of what you do and only accept the best from yourself and your team
- Get it done mentality: Efficient and accurate even under pressure, flexible to adjust
- Take on responsibility: Pro-active, ready to help out where needed
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Action-oriented – this is a self-contained collaborative team driven by challenging targets but
presented with exciting problems to solve
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Startup-like environment, international team collaborating across Zurich, Dallas, London
- No MBA or academic egos; this is a meritocracy where you prove your worth by doing cool stuff -daily
- Work with leading technologists of their fields, opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Access to the tools and technologies you choose to get the job done
- Cool office located next to Bellevue at Lake Zurich: a former garage including gym, shower, foosball, free drinks and snacks…
Solera was founded in 2005, it now operates in 78 countries with over 195k customers. With over 40 acquisitions since being founded Solera has in excess of 5,500 associates that are committed to delivering excellence that further Solera’s position as a global leader in data & software for automotive, home ownership and digital identity management.in its market segments.
Solera’s founder, Chairman and CEO, Tony Aquila, is recognized as a visionary innovator. He was named national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. Learn more at www.solerainc.com. Also view how our uncommon culture translates into uncommon giving through our Lift to Life Program at https://vimeo.com/82390735.